Efesto Image Publisher’s Documantation¶
What’s this tool?¶
Image Publisher will allow you to publish and update set of images. These can be anything: textures (with udim support), render result, concept artwork, references...
How does it work ?¶
Image Publisher comes with a handy standalone interface which will allow you to easily add images to the package. Once a Image Publisher asset has been published, will then be possible to reuse part of the component from a previous version, to produce a brand new one, which won’t phisically contain the reused data. This allow to drammatically contain the disk space usage.
- Regular Expressions: regex support for filtering images to upload.
- Context Selector: saves you from having to select the tasks from the web.
- Space Saving: lets you republish using versions from server.
- Maya Assets: assets can be imported from Maya though the import dialog.
- Image Processing: Image conversion will be available. For instance when pushing a .jpg file to generate an .exr with the right colour profiles.
First Time Set Up¶
When publishing with the Efesto Image Publisher the assets that get
generated are of type
Image Package. You need to register this asset
Registering Ftrack’s Asset Type¶
Ftrack needs to be aware of this, you need to create a new asset type on the Web UI of the Ftrack’s App. You can do so by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner of the web interface and click on Settings. Click now on Asset Types and hit Create.
|Creates new component from specified image|
|Reuse component from published server version|
|Update server version with your modified item|
Bugs and fixes¶
If you find any bug please report us at email@example.com, we will be happy to help.